Thursday, March 1, 2012

16. Bebop, Cool Jazz, and Hard Bop maybe-NEXT WEEK TUESDAY in LH 75

Today's class will finish the bebop unit, move into cool jazz, and possibly deal with Hard Bop. Also, I will give out class evaluations. I'm supposed to give you 20 minutes to fill it out, so we will end 20 minutes early for that.

Remember , the power points, which you are responsible for reading , are a few posts back, since we are so far behind. We won't get to as much info as I hoped for by the time the last class rolls around, but I still think this is a great introduction to jazz history.

REMEMBER: Next Tuesday's class will be in LH 75, a very special performance/interview/conversation with our very own faculty member Darrell Grant. Grant has toured with many of the legends in jazz and is extremely articulate when it comes to talking about the music and it's cultural relevance. DO NOT MISS IT!
PS: Actually I had posted Cool Jazz/West Coast but not Hard Bop. Here it is:

Link To Powerpoint

1 comment:

  1. Professor Cooligan,
    I sent a message to your pdx email account regarding my absence due to severe weather warning on Highway Six.
    Sincerely,
    Daniel H.

    ReplyDelete